CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT ON TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT (TSA) & SAPíS APPLICATION SYSTEM
THE INSTITUTE OF FINANCIAL PLANNING, LAGOS
In collaboration with
VISONTRACK CONSULTING SERVICES
(Financial Management Consultants)
PRESENTS A NATIONAL WORKSHOP
Capacity Development on Treasury Single Account (TSA) & SAP’s Application System
Treasury Single Account (TSA) is one of the priority Public Financial Management (PFM) reform programs of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (FGN). TSA will enable the government at all levels to consolidate cash resources on a daily basis and reduce borrowings currently necessitated by perceived cash shortages arising from holding so many government bank accounts and a fragmented system for handling receipts and payments.
The underlying purpose of the TSA is to enable the government to consolidate all its cash into one account, or a set of linked accounts instead of holding multiple disconnected bank balances across its Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs). This enables Treasury to operate efficient cash management and controls, by taking custody of all revenue as soon as it is received and controlling the payment of all approved expenditure claims.
This training workshop is therefore designed to acquaint and equip the participants with the requisite knowledge, skills and competencies of Treasure Single Account Operation especially as a strategy and technique to improve public sector revenue base and enhance transparency and accountability in the management of government cash flow.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Present an overview of Treasury Single Account
- State the objectives and benefits of TSA
- Describe TSA models, elements and infrastructure
- Identify and state the role of CBN in the operation of TSA
- Develop TSA process flow chart and structure
- Carry out transactions processing under a TSA system in terms of receipts, payments and accounting;
- Identify constraints and control measures associated with TSA implementation; and
- Develop strategies and techniques for increasing public sector revenues.
- Overview of Treasury Single Account (TSA).
- Objectives and benefits of TSA.
- Role of the Apex bank in TSA operations
- TSA implementation status in Nigeria
- TSA / company accounts process flow chart and structure.
- Business execution under a TSA system.
- Handling payments and receipts in accounting processes under TSA system.
- Constraints associated with TSA and control measures.
- TSA and budget/budgetary processes.
Effective auditing in an SAP ERP System
- Overview of Systems, Applications, Products (SAP)
- Traditional Vs SAP ERP System
- Tools in performing SAP audit
- Effective Internal Audit and SAP
- Roles of Internal Auditors in SAP administration
- Challenges to auditing SAP
- Techniques for Auditing in an SAP Environment
Ethical issues in an Auditing Environment
- Understanding Ethics in the Workplace
- Understand how ethics & integrity play a crucial role in the deterrence of fraud and corruption within organisations.
- Creating an ethical environment within the organisation
- Developing a code of Ethics/Conduct
Effective communications strategies
- Developing effective audit findings
- Fundamentals of audit report writing
- Successful report formats
- Selling internal audit recommendations
- Strategies for improving communications
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
The course is designed for Finance, planning and budget officers at the Federal, State and Local government levels, MDAs, Managers, Accountants, Auditors, Financial Consultants, and NGOs with interest in finance management.
Participation Fees: The course fee per participant is Three hundred thousand (N300, 000) naira, only. This fee will cover Honorarium, breakfast and Lunch, detailed TSA operational manual, book on effective auditing, amd other training materials.
|DURATION ||FEE |
|3 days ||N300,000 |
Rockview Hotels, Maitama Abuja
|October 10-12, 2017
Time: 9.am -4.00 pm daily
Facilitators: Experts from KPMG, PWC, Institute of Financial Planning and IBDC will form the team.
Arrangement for in-plant training for organisation specifics will be discussed. Discount for organisations with 3-5 participants can also be discussed.
BELOW ARE DETAILS OF OUR WEBSITE, EMAILS & BANK ACCOUNT
Website: www. ifpng.com
Account name: IFP Ltd (Institute of Financial Planning
Bank: First Bank Plc
Account number: 2003566080
Sort Code: 011150001
Business Consultancy experience/Organisations served:
- Corporate bodies
- Central Bank of Nigeria- Personal financial planning/pre-retirement trainings
- Institute of Chartered accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) - MPCE
- Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSFG) –staff Induction course
- Institute of Financial Planning – Learning and Management education Courses/Soft skills
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) – Emotional Intelligence courses
- Institute of Business development of Nigeria –Strategic Development Planning
- SPARC/DFID/ (UK Aid) – developing competent civil service workforce for Enugu state
- World bank – Assisted Local Empowerment and Environmental management Programme (LEEMP)
- World Bank-Assisted Community Based Agricultural and Rural Development Programme (CBARDP) PSO, Katsina.
- World Bank-Assisted Community Based Natural Resources Management Programme (CBNRMP) Niger Delta
- IFAD-Assisted CBNRMP-ND